Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Andrew laments the situation in San Angelo Texas and compares it to Waco. He says, "When I read about the abrupt raid on the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints’ ranch compound in Angelo, Texas, the barbaric burning raid of the David Koresh Waco compound came immediately to my mind."
Mr. Jackson, I must respectfully disagree with your opinion. And since the SmartChristian blog does not accept replies, I will now present my view on the subject.
Although the situation in San Angelo, Texas is pathetic, it is not the fault of the Court. The procedure is being handled in the same manner that any other child abuse case is handled, with the child’s safety as the primary concern. The child is removed from the parents and placed into protective custody until the allegations of abuse are proven or disproven.
The allegation that adult males are involved with minor females would be a serious and illegal problem in most of these United States. News reports hint there are enough children born to girls that were underage at the time of conception to go forward with prosecution of this organization.
And though this cult states that it seeks to separate itself from society, it is reported they receive government assistance through welfare and food stamps. The members refer to this as “bleeding the beast”. In other words, they want to remain separate from society, yet they do not mind being subsidized by "my tax dollars at work." News reports state this cult starts impregnating young girls once they reach puberty through spiritual marriage (whatever that is supposed to be). In other words, these girls are breeding stock.
And because the adult men do not want competition by adolescent boys, those boys are sent out of the compound and into the world to repent of their sin. If the men in this cult are not man enough to support the children they have pro-created through spiritual marriage, perhaps their children may be better off in foster homes being cared for by people that have not be brainwashed.
Waco was tragic. San Angelos is tragic. Jonestown was tragic. However any society must follow the just laws set forth by that society. Otherwise we have chaos, which is what we are seeing in San Angleos, Texas with children not knowing their biological parents or having birth certificates. Today's news states that out of 53 girls taken away from this cult that were between the ages of 14 and 17, THIRTY-ONE of them are pregnant or had given birth!!!!
North of where I live is Amish country. The Amish and Mennonites have lived in the world, but apart from the world for decades. They are not a cult. These people read the Bible and believe in Jesus Christ, trust God and work hard. And though their ways may seem strange, they have maintained their community by following the Word of God and the rules of society.
The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints aka Yearning for Zion has perverted God's law to conform to what they want. Therein lies the tragedy
Sunday, April 13, 2008
We always hear 'the rules' From the female side. What else would Women's Day & Mademoiselle Magazine write about? Well here are the rules from the male side.
These are our rules from a male perspective. Take out a blank piece of paper and take notes or just copy & paste.
Please note: these are all numbered '1 ' ON PURPOSE!
1. Men are NOT mind readers.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
1. Sunday sports It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one:
- Subtle hints do not work!
- Strong hints do not work!
- Obvious hints do not work!
- Just say it!
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become Null and void after 7 Days.
1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
1. You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, j ust do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say 'nothing,' We will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine... Really .
1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball or golf.
1. You have enough clothes.
1. You have too many shoes.
1. I am in shape. Round IS a shape!