Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm Proud To Be An American




A woman living in Slovenia who found a mouse foot in a jar of pickles was shocked to be told, in effect, that it was perfectly good to eat.


Lenka Komparova contacted the Health Ministry as she prepared to sue the company producing the food, according to the Ananova Web portal.




But instead of backing her claim, officials said she should consider the rodent appendage as a "special additive."



Ministry spokeswoman Vivijan Potocnik said:

"It is completely normal in big factories to have mice wandering around, and yes, every now and then they get caught amongst the machines and do get bottled, seasoned, preserved and even make it in one piece to consumers. "

"Although not very pleasant to see, however, they pose no health threat at all," Potocnik was quoted as saying. "During the preservation process, even traces of any salmonella bacteria are eliminated in food. A [mouse foot] therefore could be classified as a special additive to the pickles."

Komparova said: "I couldn't believe it. I don't know what they eat at the ministry — but finding dead animals in jars of food isn't normal."

2 comments:

jelyn said...

I had to declaim cicero earlier this year! It's kinda weird that I still remember it... what a freak I am. O tempora! O mores! Senatus haec intellegit consul videt hic tamen vivit, vivit? Immo vero etiam in senatum... something. I really don't like Cicero at all.

So yeah. I found your site looking for a barbershop picture and I just had to share that bit with you. Hehe.

smecoez said...

Read Full Article Dolabuy Balenciaga Check This Out Bottega Veneta Dolabuy get more Dolabuy Chrome-Hearts