Saturday, March 08, 2008

It Snow Use

Wednesday afternoon it was 71 degrees outside. On Thursday the temperature dropped to the 50's but there was a chill in the air. All of the TV weathermen were getting nervous. Like street corner preaches, they were waving their arms and announcing the pending White Armagedon.

"Snow is coming! Snow is coming! Go to the store and purchase everything! You will be locked in your house forever!"


I left for work on Friday morning at 7:45 am and there was snow flurries.

By noon I could see five inches of the stuff in the field outside of my cube.

By the time I arrived home at around 6:30 pm there was about six inches total.

As I ate dinner and scanned TV channels the weather man was practically in tears.


"Blizzard expected tonight. Stay tuned! Watch the crawls! Stay inside! Godzilla is coming! Ah' Godzilla!"






The other station (I am not making this up) was showing viewer photos of their dogs wearing red coats in the snow. In fact they pre-empted regular programs to show dogs in red coats in the snow.



I'm worried about CSI and NUMBERS and all I can see is snow and dogs in snow wear. So I went to bed.



Sure enough I woke up to at least 12 inches of snow on the car's hood. The pathway I shoveled on my walk and my steps were all covered in snow.


You have to understand that Cincinnati does not cope well with snow. It unnerves our weather people. People have no idea how to drive in snow.


"If my car slides do I turn the wheel in the direction of the skid or the other directions? Do I slam or pump the brakes? What do I do with the cell phone? I don't know, I'm so confused?"




Cincinnati turns into Bizzaro World at the first flake.



The TV news maintains vigil at the sacred Temple of Salt off of I-75 wear the old Workhouse used to stand.

Once this acrage was home to a turn of the century prison that actually served as a deterent to crime since no one in their right mind wanted to go to that filthy bastille.


The site was leveled to make room for a 3 story Igloo that houses the city's supply of ice melting product.





I heard the salt truck go down my street about an hour ago. I guess tomorrow I am going to have to shovel the walk and steps again and dig out from the snow.



I will first check out the local TV weather and see what the dogs are wearing.

No comments: