Saturday, June 21, 2008

Shingles

First I have heart problems. And now my torso is covered with an itchy, bumpy rash.


I mowed the lawn a couple of weeks ago. I'm very allergic to poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac and other nasty weeds, so I'm very good about taking a shower after mowing to get any fluid from the weeds off of my skin. However shortly after this I noticed a patch of what looked like contact dermatitis on my right side. I tried using over the counter remedies such as cortizone and calamine lotion but didn't have any good results.

This week it started spreading across my upper torso and around my neck so I went to the doctor to have it looked at. By golly I have Shingles.




It's itchy and nasty and the prognosis is that when the rash goes away I will be in pain. Lucky me. Lucky, lucky me!






I feel that I should put on a hood, ring a bell and scream "unclean! unclean" whenever I come in contact with people. This is the pits.

If you are not aware, Shingles is caused by a herpes zoster virus that lays dormant in the nerve roots of anyone who has ever contacted Chicken Pox aka vericella zoster virus. So as you get older and fondly remember those wonderful ol' days of your youth and long to relive your childhood, your body says to you, "OK Bub. You wanna' remember your childhood? How about when you had the chicken pox? That oughta' teach you."

Shingles is contagious until the blisters scab over, which is factual, but totally disgusting. If you had chicken pox as a child, then shingles is not contagious to you. If you are a child or an adult who has never been immunized or not contacted chicken pox, then exposure to someone with shingles will result in chicken pox.



Be careful of what you wish for.


End of lesson.

1 comment:

Angela Alex said...

Hello everyone I'm here to testify and enlighten you on how you can be cure from the disease/virus known as DIABETES as the FDA described that it cannot be cured or there is no cure for it, not knowing that herbal treatment is highly recommended for the treatment and cure for Diabetes its easy and it has no side effect, Doctor James herbal center it's A1 and a powerful strong  pure natural remedy that can be used in the prevention and elimination of diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome lifestyle Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying good physical health and overall well-being  are you interested in curing Diabetes now, I am a living testimony of how Dr James herbal medicine cured me with natural herbs which I bought from him. You can cure your Herpes virus,Cancer,Hiv/Aids, Hepatitis A/B, Gonorrhea, Fibroids ,Infertility ,Epilepsy, Syphilis, Chronic infection, Copd, ,Std, Hpv, Backache,arthritis Shingles,Nephrotic syndrome etc.........
contact Email
drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com