Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Illegal Immigrants


I am not happy with the way that the media is treating illegal immigrants. Every article that I have read states how hard they work and how many hours they put it every day at their job. According to the writers, most of the immigrants work 10 to 14 hours a day without complaining and only earn about $10 an hour.

Well big friggin whoopeee! I have been doing that all my life. Many jobs I've had paid me less than $10 an hour. Hell, I would have been grateful to be making $10 an hour at some of my jobs. And guess what? My employers all took taxes and social security payments out of each of my checks, so I netted less than $10 an hour.

When I was a young guy I worked at a nursing home as an orderly. I had to lift wet, naked old people in and out of bathtubs and in and out of beds. I had to clean their butts and give them baths. I'll tell you what, minimum wage was only about $1.25 back then and I was making about $2.25 an hour at that job. I had to work 12 hours a day to try to pay my bills.

Those immigrants are making 10 bucks an hour working 14 hour days, 7 days a week, so they are clearing $980 bucks a week and not paying any tax on it!

I say deport all their asses! The argument that American workers would not do their jobs is lame. There are plenty of out of work folks that are standing in line and happy to take any job.

No comments: